If you have any questions about content, or Council's consultation and engagement process, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Customer Service 8391 7200 between the hours of 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. If you have a question regarding a specific project currently open for consultation, please contact the relevant project officer. Their contact details can be found in the Who’s Listening section for each project.
Engaging online allows you to have your say in the Council’s decision making process in your own time and comfort:
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community.
Knowing a little more about who you will ensure we get a higher quality of data to go along with your feedback. The data will help us determine for example, if shoppers have different feedback to residents or business owners in the district. It will also help us to target feedback from specific groups (e.g. age, gender) and in-turn will provide a richer and more valuable response to help Council make decisions.
There are a few reasons this might have happened:
- The email may have gone into your "spam email" folder. Check there first!
- Your email service provider may have a very strong firewall that is blocking the activation email. This happens occasionally. Contact your service provider.
- You may have typed your email address incorrectly - it's very easy to inadvertently use a coma instead of a full-stop if you’re in a rush. An accidental full stop or underscore can make all the difference!
There are a couple of possibilities:
- Someone else in your family has used your email address to establish an account in the past;
- You have used this site before and forgotten; in which case see question: I’ve forgotten my password and/or my username. What should I do?
Irritating, isn't it! We've tried to make this process as simple as possible:
Step 1: Click the "login" link on the top right of the screen.
Step 2: Click the "forgotten password" link under the "sign in" button.
Step 3: Type in your email address and click enter. You will then receive an email from us with your Username and a link back to the site. Click on that link to reset your password.
Step 4: Sign in with your old username and new password.
Log into your account on the Your Say Mount Barker site. Once you're logged in you'll see your Username above Homepage banner in the top right hand corner. Click on the drop down arrow, which brings up a menu, then click Profile and make any updates.
Your feedback can be submitted via the online forums, quick polls and surveys relevant to each of the projects currently open for consultation. To participate simply register on Your Say Mount Barker.
Alternatively, comments can be emailed to email@example.com, or posted to:
Title of project
PO Box 54
Mount Barker SA 5251
Open consultations often use different tools and methods to gather feedback such as workshops, 1 on 1 interviews and meetings. Be sure to check the individual consultation pages online for other ways you can be involved in the project.
All comments, ideas and suggestions are collated and used by the relevant project officer to inform the development of strategies, programs, activities and designs, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Often, feedback provided online is used in conjunction with other face-to-face consultation activities such as workshops, meetings, open days or surveys.
When each consultation closes, all contributions are compiled into a report, which will be presented to Council when considering the particular matter.
All feedback provided during consultation will be considered, however this does not mean that every suggestion can be taken on board and adopted as proposed.
Yes! Your privacy is totally protected because the 'Your Say Mount Barker’ is hosted and moderated by an external independent organisation, Bang the Table.
It is Council policy that a formal submission is required for some specific projects or decisions to fulfill a legislative requirement. These are usually for strategic decisions (e.g. Annual Budget) and also include the provision of a lease/license over community land. A formal submission requires the contact name and address of respondents which becomes public information and is provided to Council for their consideration.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and is independent of Mount Barker District Council. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately. Refer to the Moderation Policy.